JOHN F. HEALY was born around 1900 at 922 Penn Street in Camden NJ to Cornelius J. and Isabella Healy. After attending St. Mary's Parochial School, he graduated from Camden Catholic High School, where he starred in baseball. 

After graduating high school, John Healy worked at the pharmacy operated by Oscar Hinski and Haddon Avenue and Federal Street. He also worked for an auto dealership at the time of the 1920 census. John Healy moved to East Camden around 1925. In the mid 1920s he got a job with the City of Camden, and was named superintendent of New Camden Cemetery in 1927. He later went on to work for the Camden County Mosquito Control Commission, and, after seven years, was named Inventory Control Officer for Camden County in 1949. By then he was making his home, with wife Catherine, at 322 Fountain Avenue. An active member of St. Joseph's Church on Federal Street in East Camden, he was involved in many church activities. he was also a member of the East End Republican Club. 

John Healy took ill late in 1949, passing away on April 19, 1950. He was survived by his wife, and his mother, Mrs. Isabelle Healy, of the Penn Street address. After funeral services at the Leonard Funeral Home at 2850 Federal Street, he was buried at Calvary Cemetery in Delaware Township (present-day Cherry Hill) NJ. Catherine Healy remained at the home on Fountain Avenue well into the 1960s, passing away in December of 1969.

Camden Courier-Post - April 19, 1950

Click on Images to Enlarge

Camden Courier-Post - April 20, 1950