WILLIAM H. KELLEY
. was chief of Camden's Electrical Bureau in the 1910s and 1920s. He came to Camden in the 1890s, and was in the city's employ as Chief by 1914, remaining in that position through at least the summer of 1926.
As Chief of the Electrical Bureau, his duties included installation and maintenance of the fire alarm call boxes through out the city, a critically important task in a time where telephones were an expensive luxury for many homeowners and small businesses. He also had the task of installing maintaining traffic signals.
By January of 1928, John W. Kelly Jr. was succeeded by James A. Howell, who held the post as late as 1947.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE