WILLIAM A. MORRISON was born around 1876 in Camden NJ. He worked as a signalman on the Pennsylvania Railroad for 42 years, retiring in 1939.
A longtime resident of 1158 Baring Street in South Camden, William Morrison and wife Bertha owned the home by the time of the 1920 census. He was active in politics in what was then Camden's 6th Ward. He was a charter member of the 6th Ward Democratic Club, and a member of SS Peter and Paul Roman Catholic Church in the 500 block of Spruce Street. He also had served as the financial secretary of his union, the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen, AFL.
William A. Morrison passed away at his home on May 28, 1950. He is buried at Calvary Cemetery in Delaware Township (present-day Cherry Hill) NJ.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE