JOHN LOUIS WIBLE was born at 517 Arch Street in Camden NJ on January 15, 1885. He married his wife Edna around 1905. The Wibles moved to East Camden in 1912, first to 108 North 24th Street. Sometime in 1929 or early 1930 he moved to 139 North 25th Street.
John Wible was active in civic affairs, and participated in Red Cross and Salvation Army affairs. He also was a member of the Ottawa Tribe of the Improved Order of Red Men, and of the Artisans. A dedicated Republican, he was the first president of the East End Republican League, which had its headquarters at 300 North 27th Street. He was trustee of that group from 1925 through 1934, and served as a county committeeman in the 1920s. In May of 1934 he stood for election for County Committee once again, on a ticket allied with David Baird Jr.
John L. Wible passed away at home after a long illness on August 11, 1954, and was buried at Bethel Cemetery in Pennsauken NJ. The Wible family was still living on North 25th Street as late as 1959.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE