HENRY "HARRY" GREEN was born around 1858.
Harry Green was appointed to the Camden Fire Department on April 21, 1905. Harry Green began work with Ladder Company 1 on July 1, 1905 along with Edward Finley. The two men worked side by side for the next nine years, when Finley passed away..
Despite his advanced age, Harry Green was still working as a firefighter as late as 1931, as there was no mandatory retirement age at the time. He finally retired in the early 1930s. Fire Department records from 1931 sho him living at 434 Pine Street.
Harry Green was still living in Camden as late as 1939. By the time the 1943 Camden City Directory was compiled he had passed.
April 22, 1905
Jones - Henry
Green - John
Lutts - George
Kappel - Charles
David Baird Jr.
Captain Ricardo Pericoli - Italian Royal Navy cruiser R.M. Etruria
Howard Mulford - Ladder Company 1 - Pearl Street
& Ladder Company No.1
Left: tillerman Bill
Tatem, firemen Edward
Harry Green, Lt. Harry
Philadelphia Inquirer - August 19, 1915
Goldberg - Richard Noon - Howard Robbins
North 10th Street - Penn Street - Cooper Hospital
Wildwood Avenue - Princess Avenue - Broadway
Kaighn Avenue - Jackson Street
South 3rd Street - Bridge Avenue
Toone & Hollinshed - Camden Curtain Rod
John McTaggart - Harry Green
Chemical Company No. 1 (Engine Co. 9)
Engine Company No. 1
Toone & Hollinshed
Click on Images to Download
|Click on Images to Download PDF File of Complete Story|
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE