|Philadelphia Inquirer - December 20, 1910|
This 1912 Robinson Combination Chemical and Hose Wagon was assigned to Engine Company 2. It was one of two purchased as the first motorized apparatus in the Department. Pictured in this 1913 photograph are (l to r): Fireman John Lennox, Wagon Chauffer Harry Hankins, Firemen William Elberson, Joseph Earnest, Martin Carrigan, and Captain George Wade. Accompanying them are members of the engine crew: Stoker Arthur Wingate, Driver Joseph Johnson and Engineer John Augusts "Gus" Dold.
Johnson - James
Fire Headquarters - About 1914
Click on Image to Enlarge
|Deputy Chief Peter B. Carter and his Aide, Fireman Harry V. Hankins|
Company No. 5 at 14th and Federal
Streets, with newly converted hose
wagon. Originally a horse drawn rig, it was modified to electric power
by the Commercial Truck Company of Philadelphia PA. A storage battery
powered each wheel.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE