DR. HOWARD G. BONWILL was born to Peter and Louisa Bonwill near Felton DE on October 4, 1862. After attending school in Delaware, he came to Camden in 1881 to study medicine with his uncle, Dr. James H. Stanton, and graduated from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia in 1886.
Dr. Bonwill immediately began practicing medicine in Camden upon graduation. His first office was on Spruce Street. By 1887 he had moved to 815 South 4th Street. In February of 1890 built an residence and office at 921 South 5th, near the corner of South 5th and Cherry streets. In November of that year he married Clara H. Stanton, apparently a step-daughter of Dr. James H. Stanton and step-sister of Dr. James Grier Stanton.
Dr. Howard Bonwill was a member of the Improved Order of American Mechanics and the Camden Commercial Club.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE