CULLIS B. ERRICKSON was a long-time police officer in Camden. He was born in February of 1870 to Fuller B. Errickson and his wife, the former Susan M. Davis in Plumstead, Ocean County NJ. His father had served during the Civil War, but saw no action, having enlisted in March of 1865, shortly before the war ended. There were three older children, Charles, Harry and Susan, as well as a younger brother, Alward. Cullis B. Errickson was still living in Plumstead as late as 1895.

Cullis B. Errickson married around 1898. The 1900 Census reveals that he and wife Jennie were living at 528 Bailey Street in North Camden. He was by then working as a police officer in Camden. Cullis Errickson and his wife Jeannette had moved to 824 North 5th Street as early as 1906 and were still there in the when the 1914 City Directory was compiled. By 1910 he had been promoted to Sergeant by then-Chief of Police Elisha A. Gravenor. The Erricksons were renting an apartment at 624 State Street at the time of the Census in January of 1920. Chief Gravenor lived across the way at 629 State Street

Sergeant Errickson retired around 1923 and moved form the city shortly thereafter. By 1930 he had bought a farm in Pemberton NJ, residing at 38 Arney's Mount Road in that municipality. Jeannette Errickson passed away sometime after the 1930 Census was enumerated. Sergeant Errickson remarried in 1936. Sadly, the second Mrs. Errickson passed away in September of 1938. Cullis B. Errickson suffered a fatal heart attack four days later.  

Philadelphia Inquirer - December 13, 1903


David Loughead
Ferdinand F. Sell

J. Oscar Till Jr.

Ralph Haines
Allen Stewart
Howard C. Trueax
William Schregler
James Tatem
Thomas Reed
Cullis B. Errickson
Policeman Joseph Schmid




(Mt. Holly) New Jersey Mirror * September 21, 1938


Four days after the death of his wife, Emma, Cullis B. Errickson, of Pemberton, a retired police sergeant of the Camden force, collapsed in the office of Miss Virginia Kelsey, on Main street, Pemberton, died soon afterward. Shock occasioned by the death of his wife, to whom he had been married 2 years, is believed to have been responsible for the fatal heart attack. Mrs. Errickson, before her second marriage was Mrs. Emma DeCou. She is survived by seven grown daughters. The retired former sergeant retired from active duty about 15 years ago. He is survived by a daughter, Mrs. Susie Chambers, of Toms River, and two brothers.