ALBAN TAYLOR EAVENSON was born in Philadelphia on November 9, 1895 to Louis L. Eavenson and the former Rachel T. Scott. His grandfather, Alban Taylor Eavenson was the co-founder of the Eavenson & Levering wools scouring business that was located at 301 Jackson Street in Camden. His great-grandfather, Jones Eavenson, founded the J. Eavenson & Sons Co., which manufactured soap products in Camden for over 100 years.
In the early 1920s and 1930s Alban T. Eavenson II operated an auto parts concern, the Parts Service Company in Camden. The 1924 City Directory shows the business at 32 North 3rd Street. By 1926 he had moved to an old building at 1139 Mt. Ephraim Avenue, temporary quarters while a new building at 1135 Mt. Ephraim Avenue was being built. By 1928 the new building had been completed and occupied. However, by 1934 Mr. Eavenson, a Pennsylvania resident, had moved his business to Norristown, Pennsylvania.
Alban T. Eavenson II died of a heart attack at Taylor Hospital in Ridley Park, Pennsylvania on June 9, 1951.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE