Camden Fire Department
Engine Company10


Engine Company 10 was organized September 16, 1920 at the then-new firehouse at 2500 Morgan Boulevard, in the Fairview section of Camden. The unit shared quarters with Ladder Company 4, which was organized on the same date. Ladder Company 4 was disbanded due to fiscal considerations in 1936.  This firehouse was the first in Camden to be built after the department became motorized, and Engine 10 and Ladder 4 were the first two units to enter service after horse-drawn apparatus was withdrawn from use in Camden. Engine Company 10 briefly shared its quarters from 1986 to 1993 with Ladder Company 2, prior to that unit being relocated to the new Liberty Station at 1301 Broadway. Engine Company continues to protect Camden from its original location on Morgan Boulevard.


Engine Company 10
1924
1928

1928 American LaFrance
750 GPM Pumper

1950s

1928 American LaFrance
750 GPM Pumper

1954

1954 Dodge-American LaFrance
200 GPM Hose Wagon

1954

1954 Dodge-American LaFrance
200 GPM Hose Wagon

1954

1954 Dodge-American LaFrance
200 GPM Hose Wagon

1954

1954 Dodge-American LaFrance
200 GPM Hose Wagon

1954

1954 Dodge-American LaFrance
200 GPM Hose Wagon

1954

1955 American LaFrance
Pumper
1000 GPM

1954

1955 American LaFrance
Pumper
1000 GPM

1954

1955 American LaFrance
Pumper
1000 GPM

1954

1955 American LaFrance
Pumper
1000 GPM

1954

1955 American LaFrance
Pumper
1000 GPM

1950s-1960s
1986

Hahn 1000 gpm Pumper

1986

Hahn 1000 gpm Pumper

1986

Hahn 1000 gpm Pumper

1986

Hahn 1000 gpm Pumper

1986

Hahn 1000 gpm Pumper

Late 80s - Early 90s
1994

From Left:
Captain Charles Mayo,
FF Ronald Wrobel,
FF Ronald Gorski ,
&
FF Angelo V. Decaro

1990s

Hahn 1000 gpm Pumper

late 1990s
looking from firehouse,
northwest towards Morgan Boulevard


Be Sure to Click on Images for Enlarged Views


2419 Arnold Street - April 20, 2005

A reported dwelling fire with a report on an infant trapped was dispatched in Camden City at 0042 hrs.  Engine 10, Squad 7, Engine 8, Ladder 2, Rescue 1, and Battalion 1 responded to 2419 Arnold Street.  Camden County Radio advised crews a neighbor reported that an infant was still inside on the 2nd floor.  Engine 10 arrived on location with heavy fire showing from division 2 of a 2 story middle of the row occupied dwelling.  Battalion 1 arrived and struck the all hands.  Battalion 1 also requested another engine and ladder crew.  Rescue 1 arrived and searched the dwelling with negative results.    Secondary searches also were negative.  Crews contained the fire to 1 unit with no exposure damage.  The cause of the blaze is under investigation by the Camden Fire Marshals. 

Story and Photo: Ted Aurig

Camden Courier-Post * July 22, 1941
...continued...
...continued...
George E. Brunner - William C. Schriver - Leo G. Stephans - Sgt. Ray Smith
Fred Vogel - Samuel Shapiro -
James H. O'Brien - Albert C. Becker - Roy C. Adams
Burnell S. Hartman -
Michael Mungioli - Carrie R. Bean - Anne D. Spooner
Engine Company 1 - Engine Company 3 - Engine Company 7 - Engine Company 8
Engine Company 9 - Engine Company 10 - Engine Company 11
Engine Company 2 (Fire Headquarters)

Camden Courier-Post
July 26, 1941

Engine Compnay 10
Engine Company 3
Ladder Company 2

Many of the photographs on this website are from the limited edition book "Fire Department Camden NJ 125 Anniversary 1869-1994" and were taken by Department Photographer Bob Bartosz. Others are courtesy of Joel Bain of the Camden Fire Department. Thanks to Captain Michael McCarthy of the CFD for identifying the personnel in the 1994 photo.

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE