THE YEAR 1916

SPAN OF A CENTURY
1828-1928

100 YEARS IN THE HISTORY OF CAMDEN AS A CITY

COMPILED FROM NOTES ANDS DATA COLLECTED BY
CHARLES S. BOYER

PRESIDENT CAMDEN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY

PUBLISHED BY
CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE
OF CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS AND NOTES BY PHILLIP COHEN IN 2003

The cornerstone of the handsome High School Building, now standing in Forest Hill Park, was laid on October 14, 1916. This, of course, is our present-day Camden High School

The Camden Civic Celebration and Exposition of Industries was held from May 18 to May 27, 1916 in the Third Regiment Armory. In connection with this celebration civic, military and fraternal parades were held. The whole affair was a fine advertisement for Camden

The Camden Fire Department was completely motorized April 6, 1916. The first piece of motor apparatus having been purchased in November of the previous year.

Headquarters, Camden Fire Department
5th and Arch Streets - circa 1908
Headquarters, Camden Fire Department
5th and Arch Streets - 1918

 

Return to Camden NJ - The Span Of A Century - 1828-1928

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOMEPAGE