THE YEAR 1908

SPAN OF A CENTURY
1828-1928

100 YEARS IN THE HISTORY OF CAMDEN AS A CITY

COMPILED FROM NOTES ANDS DATA COLLECTED BY
CHARLES S. BOYER

PRESIDENT CAMDEN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY

PUBLISHED BY
CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE
OF CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS AND NOTES BY PHILLIP COHEN IN 2003

The Roman Catholic Church of Our Lady of Mount Carmel was consecrated on May 3, 1908. 

The lift bridge across Cooper’s Creek was opened to the public on July 29, 1908

Westminster Presbyterian Church organized to the public July 29, 1908. 

The playground movement was started in Camden in 1908 by public spirited citizens and maintained by public subscriptions until Mayor Charles Ellis appointed the first Playground Commission on April 29, 1909

Return to Camden NJ - The Span Of A Century - 1828-1928

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOMEPAGE