THE YEAR 1907

SPAN OF A CENTURY
1828-1928

100 YEARS IN THE HISTORY OF CAMDEN AS A CITY

COMPILED FROM NOTES ANDS DATA COLLECTED BY
CHARLES S. BOYER

PRESIDENT CAMDEN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY

PUBLISHED BY
CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE
OF CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS AND NOTES BY PHILLIP COHEN IN 2003

City Council, on February 28, 1907, adopted the coat of arms for the city. The design was proposed by the Camden Historical Society. The City Seal, containing the coat of arms, was adopted by Council on June 25, 1908

On May 12, 1907 the city of Camden hosted the first organized mass event in the campaign to have the United States government acknowledge the second Sunday of May as Mother's Day. 

Cooper Park Library was remodeled and reopened on September 10, 1907. 

Return to Camden NJ - The Span Of A Century - 1828-1928

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOMEPAGE