THE YEAR 1851

SPAN OF A CENTURY
1828-1928

100 YEARS IN THE HISTORY OF CAMDEN AS A CITY

COMPILED FROM NOTES ANDS DATA COLLECTED BY
CHARLES S. BOYER

PRESIDENT CAMDEN COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY

PUBLISHED BY
CENTENNIAL ANNIVERSARY COMMITTEE
OF CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY

ADDITIONAL PHOTOS AND NOTES BY PHILLIP COHEN IN 2003

The drug store at Fifth and Federal Streets, which was still in existence in 1928, was opened by Dr. T.G. Rowand in 1851. This store was owned successively by A.P. Brown and Dr. George M. Beringer.
       By 1947 the Beringer pharmacy had relocated to 801 Market Street, where the pharmacy would remain in business through at least 1959.   

Return to Camden NJ - The Span Of A Century - 1828-1928

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOMEPAGE