CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
640 Pine Street
Corner of Pine Street and Newton Avenue
640 Pine Street was the home from as early as 1918 through at least 1931 of McKenna'a Tavern. McKenna's Tavern was owned by John McKenna, who had come to America from Northern Ireland in 1900.
At the time of the 1930 Census John McKenna, the 54, lived with his second wife, Mary McKenna, who also had come from Ireland, and his four children from his first marriage, John L., 20, Thomas, 18, James, 16, and Sarah, 8. John McKenna had lived in Delaware prior to 1914. He then came to Camden and was in the tavern business by 1918.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE