CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
From the 1950s through the early 1970s the bar at 1226 Broadway was known as Bert's Cafe. It had formerly been known as Buradine's, and the proprietor at that time was Michael Burgo. By 1959 the bar had changed hands, Bert Bottura being the proprietor, and, appropriately enough was called Bert's Cafe.
F. Lillian Bottura of 473 Cherry Street applied for the liquor license renewal in 1967. Bert's Cafe and was still listed under that name in the 1970 telephone book. By 1977 the bar was known as the Tender Trap. The Tender Trap closed its doors for the last time around 2001. The building is unoccupied at the present time.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE