CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
701 Kaighn Avenue
A saloon was operating as far back as 1890 at 701 Kaighn Avenue. The city directory for 1890-1891 shows a James Deegan and a Michael McLaughlin as being there, McLaughlin was working as the bartender.
The 1947 Camden City Directory shows that Jack Brady was running the bar, which was called Brady's Cafe. He then lived over the bar. By 1959 he had moved to 371 Evesham Avenue in Lawnside NJ. The bar was then known as Rudy & Chink's Bar, and would continue to operate as such into the 1970s, when the bar was sold, and was renamed the Bazemore Lounge.
As the Bazemore Lounge the bar would operate successfully for many years. Claude Britt purchased the facility around the year 2001, and after remodeling the bar and repainting the exterior of the building, renamed it the 7th & Kaighn Lounge.
Barmaid at Bazemore
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE