CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
1448 Rose Street
Northeast Corner of Rose Street and Lansdowne Avenue
Wardach's Tavern, also known as Wardach's Cafe, operated for may years on Rose Street in the Whitman Park section of Camden NJ. Opened shortly after the 1934 repeal of Prohibition by Polish immigrant Joseph Wardach, the bar was operated from the late 1950s through the late 1970s by Hank Wardach.
While the Camden City Directory for 1947 lists the tavern at 1460 Rose Street (the corner of Rose and Whitman Streets), the bar actually waslocated at 1448 Rose street, the corner of Rose and Lansdowne Avenue.
Joseph Wardach was born in Poland on March 18, 1892. He had married his wife Blanche prior to 1920. When he retired, his son, Hank Wardach, took over the bar. Joseph Wardach passed away in June of 1978.
Hank Wardach resided at the bar's address through at least 1977. He later moved to Bellmawr NJ. He passed away May 30, 1996 at the age of 62.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE