CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
STEPHEN STEFANIAK'S SALOON
Southwest Corner of Broadway & Lansdowne Avenue
A saloon was open at 1451 Broadway, run by Stefan Stefaniak. This bare was in existence as early as 1918 and as late as 1921. At some point that building was acquired by Frank Leonard, and the building was converted into a funeral home. By 1930 Stefan Stefaniak had moved to Runnemede NJ, where he operated a grocery store.
A bar opened up on the opposite corner by 1931. 1447 Broadway is listed in the 1931 Camden City Directory as a cafe with Jacob Toner as the proprietor. Thomas Clark acquired the property shortly afterwards, and operated his Lansdowne Cafe there for many years.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE