CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
501 Trenton Street
Corner of Trenton Street and Newton Avenue
The bar on Newton Avenue at Trenton Street was established in 1906, and was operated by the LaMaina family for many years. When Prohibition was repealed in 1933,Nick LaMaina procured a liquor license, and opened up the LaMaina's Cafe, which was well known for its jumbo sandwiches.
Like the Deighans, Cinellis, Capriottis, and other families who had been in the bar business in Camden, the LaMainas headed for the suburbs after World War II. By the mid 1950s they had relocated to Marlton Pike and Sayer Avenue in Delaware Township (present-day Cherry Hill) NJ.
After standing vacant through most of the 1980s and 1990s, the bar was demolished.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE