CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
800 Linden Street
Southeast Corner of North 8th and Linden Streets
This bar appears to date back to the days before Prohibition. James J. Daly, who lived across 8th Street at 728 Linden, was the proprietor from 1920 through at least 1947, during which time it was known as Daly's Cafe.
By 1952 the bar was known as the Linden Grill, and was still in operation as late as 1959. By 1966 it was no longer listed in the telephone directory. In May of 1967 the Linden Grill, trading as McCormick's, applied for a liquor license renewal at 806 Linden Street. By 1970 the nearby bar at 131 North 11th Street was known as McCormick's, and remained in business under that name though at least 1977.
The building at 800 Linden Street is no longer standing.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE