CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
UNION OF BROTHERLY LOVE
Camp Walt Whitman No. 1
524 West Street
One of many Italian-American social clubs that was active in Camden, the Union of Brotherly Love had a clubhouse at 524 West Street as early as 1947. The club was still active at that address as late as 1967.
When the liquor license was up for renewal in 1967, the officers were as follows:
By the fall 1970 the club was no longer active at the West street address. Americo "Reds" Ceresano, former owner of the Roma Cafe, and John Meloni were then operating a bar at 524 West Street that location at that time. "Reds" Cersano passed away in 1974.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE