MARK CLARK was born in Camden, New Jersey on November 30, 1932 to
McKinley and Katheryn Clark. The family, which included older
siblings Lillian, Lawrence, and Edna was living at 1051 North
Collings Road in Fairview in the late 1920s and early 1930s but
by 1947 had moved to East
Camden, taking up residence at 221 Eutaw
Avenue. Another daughter, Florence, also was born to the
Clarks during the 1930s. McKinley Clark work as a linesman for
the Pennsylvania Railroad.
Clark left school after the 10th grade and went into the United
States Army during the Korean War. He returned to Camden
following his discharge.
Clarks were still on Eutaw Avenue in the fall of 1956. Ken
Clark, however, was living at 344 Dudley
Street, in the Westfield
Acres housing project. He was appointed to the Camden Fire
Department on December 30, 1955. By October of 1959 Ken Clark
had moved to 864 Beideman Avenue in Cramer
Hill. He moved to 111 North
26th Street during the 1960s.
Clark was promoted to Captain on July 12, 1968. On July 1, 1981
Ken Clark retired from the Camden Fire
He moved to St. Petersburg, Florida the following year.
Clark passed away in June 26, 2005 at his St. Petersburg home,
survived by his wife, three children, sister Florence Anderson
of Westmont, New Jersey and a host of grandchildren and