Kazimierz
Mulawa


 

KAZIMIERZ MULAWA was born in Poland in 1882. After coming to Camden NJ in 1909, he settled in the predominantly Polish Whitman Park section of Camden NJ, along Mount Ephraim Avenue south of Kaighn Avenue. His wife Mary came to Camden in 1911, they were soon wed, and there first child, daughter Anna, was born by 1913. 

By the the time the census was taken in April of 1930, the family included another daughter, Helen, and two sons, Anthony and Adam. Kazimierz Mulawa was working as a fireman in one of Camden's shipyards. The family owned a home at 1028 Morton Street. He later took a job as a fireman at the Camden Forge on Mount Ephraim Avenue which stood at between Ferry Avenue and Morgan Boulevard.

Kazimierz Mulawa was active in several labor and civic organizations, including Local 74, IUMSWA of the CIO, the George Washington Camp 180 of the Woodmen of the World, the Polish National Alliance, the Association of the Sons of Poland, and the Polish American Citizens Club.

Kazimierz Mulawa passed away on July 8, 1950 after a long illness. Survived by his wife and four children, he was buried at St. Joseph's cemetery in Chews Landing NJ on July 13, 1950. 


Camden Courier-Post - July 8, 1950
Click on Image to Enlarge

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE