K. FISH was born in New Jersey in April of 1851 to Amanda and
Ezra Fish. The family was living in Delaware Township
(present-day Cherry Hill), New Jersey when the census was taken
1870 Census shows the family had moved to Camden's Middle Ward,
and that Ezra Fish was working as a Camden policeman. The family
at that time consisted of Ezra and Amanda Fish, older brother
George and younger sisters Louisa and Sarah.
brick mason by trade, Judson Fish was married in 1872 to Mary A.
Mathis. By the late 1870s he had relocated to Camden's Eighth
Ward. The 1878-1879 Camden City Directory shows him living on
Viola Street, and the 1879-1880 edition gives an address of 1910
Fillmore Street, where he resided through 1892. The 1880 census
shows that their were three children then at home, Lizzie, Ella,
the spring of 1884 Judson Fish was appointed to the Camden
Fire Department as an extra man with the Hook
and Ladder Company, taking the place of John
W. Elliott. Judson Fish served until July 1, 1885 when the
Fire Department was reorganized and eighteen of the extra men
were laid off.