JOHN KACZMAREK was born near Posen in what was then Germany in 1876. This is now a part of Poland. He came to the United States in 1890, and applied for citizenship in 1902. He married Mary Derra around 1897. John and Mary Kaczmarek moved to Camden's Eighth Ward around 1905. He bought a home at 1635 South 6th Street, where he lived for his remaining years. The Kaczmareks became citizens in 1916.
John Kaczmarek worked as a cabinetmaker, repairing street cars for Philadelphia Rapid Transit for many years. He was active in politics as as a Republican, belonging to the Eighth Ward Republican Club and the Camden County Polish American Republican Club. He also was a member of the Polish National Alliance Group 581, and the Sunshine Club of the P.R.T., where he worked. John Kaczmarek was a member of Church of the Sacred Heart at Broadway and Ferry Avenue.
John Kaczmarek passed away on August 5, 1936. He was buried at New St. Mary's Cemetery in Bellmawr NJ. He was survived by his wife, sons Stanley, Thomas, Anthony, and Francis; and daughters Mrs. Anna Schula and Mrs. Jean Behm.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE