John
F.
Dugan


JOHN F. DUGAN was born in Camden, New Jersey on July 1, 1923 to Mary and Edward Patrick Dugan. He was one of at least four children, according to the 1930 Census, coming after Joseph and before Mary and James. Mr. and Mrs. Dugan had come to the United States from Ireland in 1915 and 1914, respectively. Edward Dugan's occupation is listed as "Sexton" at a school, and that would seem to indicate that he was connected to the school at the nearby Sacred Heart Roman Catholic Church, he later worked for the New York Shipbuilding Corporation. The Dugans were living at 515 Fairview Street when the 1924 City Directory was compiled and were still there as late as the fall of 1970.

John F. Dugan was appointed to the Camden Fire department on January 13, 1951 and reported for duty three days later. He retired on July 1, 1975 after serving the City of Camden for 29 years and 7 months.

John F. Dugan was living at 834 Olive Street when the 1956 New Jersey Bell Telephone Directory was compiled. By October of 1959 he had moved to 2407 Wainwright Street and lived there through at least the fall of 1970..

John F. Dugan passed away on January 4, 1987 according to the Social Security Death Index.

John F. Dugan was not related to John Dugan, who served with the Camden Fire Department in the 1870s.


 

Click on Image to Enlarge


 


RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE