JAMES P. JOHNSTON was born in Ohio in 1844. He moved to Stockton, which became East Camden in 1899, shortly after the Civil War. He lived at 3652 Federal Street into the mid 1920s, when he moved to 3804 Federal Street. In the fall of 1937, after suffering a stroke, he was admitted to the Camden County hospital at Lakeland. James P. Johnston died there on March 19, 1938.
James P. Johnston earned his living as a painting contractor for many years, retiring at the age of 1975. He was a long-time member of Asbury Methodist Episcopal Church on Westfield Avenue, and an honorary member of Colonel E.D. Stone Camp 71, United Spanish Civil War Veterans.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE