HENRY S. CAMPBELL was born in Delaware in 1859. The census of 1880 shows that he was living in Camden, at the home of his sister, Mrs. Annie Abendroth, at 558 South 3rd Street. Her husband Charles was a butcher, and Henry Campbell learned the butcher's trade. By 1887 Henry Campbell had married. He then was living with his wife Emma at 27 Hudson Street, and was operating a meat and grocery store at the old Federal Street Market, at 213-215 Federal Street. He later operated at the market at 418 Federal Street, the site of the present Public Service building. He later moved to another store on Federal Street between 3rd and 4th Streets. At the time of the 1920 census, he owned a home at 516 Federal Street.
Henry Campbell was a member of the Wyoming Tribe No. 55, of the Improved Order of Red Men, and belonged to Parkside Methodist Episcopal Church. He spent his later years at 413 North 2nd Street. He passed away on January 21, 1938. After funeral services at 1401 Princess Avenue, he was buried at Harleigh Cemetery.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE