HARRY C. KREHER was born in Pennsylvania in 1890. At the age of 24 he married his wife Mary, who was eight years his junior. A daughter, also named Mary, was born about two years later. The 1923 City Directory shows Harry Kreher working as a policeman and living at 534 Pearl Street. By February of 1928 Harry Kreher was working as a motorcycle police officer on the Camden Police Department. The Kreher family then owned a home at 423 Morse Street in East Camden

Harry Kreher was still riding the police motorcycle in August of 1936, when he observed a bus with a wheel on fire on the Admiral Wilson Boulevard. 

By 1947 the Kreher family had moved out of Camden, according to the City Directory published that year.

In 1953 Harry C. Kreher passed away and was buried at Locustwood Cemetery in Delaware Township (present-day Cherry Hill), New Jersey. His wife later moved to Barrington NJ, where in 1959 she lived at 220 Edwards Avenue.

Philadelphia Inquirer * September 11, 1918
Master Street - South 8th Street - James Bland
Mrs. Joseph Jackson - O. Glen Stackhouse

411 Liberty Street

1921 Rudolph Velke & Family
Ella Velke

Philadelphia Inquirer
March 19, 1921

George Frost
Harry Kreher

Camden Courier - July 9, 1927

Harry Kreher - James W. Tatem - Motorcycles in Camden


February 20, 1928

Birch Street
South 2nd Street

Bernard Bertman
Harry Kreher

John Gillis
Artilo Alleva




August 3, 1936

Camden Courier-Post - October 8, 1936

Campaign in City to Reduce Accidents, Frost Says; Man Fined

Camden Police yesterday began another drive against motorists who violate city traffic regulations. The campaign is an effort to reduce accidents.

Lieutenant George Frost, in charge of the traffic bureau, announced the drive would continue for several weeks. On man was arrested today and fined $10 in police court by Judge Lewis Liberman.

“I have instructed all motorcycle and traffic police to make a thorough check on double-parking, all day parkers, violators of one-way street signs and speeders,” Lieutenant Frost said today. “accidents have been occurring with increasing rapidity and we are going to do what we can to stop them.”

The police official said many office workers in the central section of the city drive their cars to work and park them on busy streets for an entire day. He also pointed out this was the practice on streets adjoining the factory districts and said the two-hour parking law would be strictly enforced hereafter.

John Ascola, 41, of 71 Market Street, Salem, was arrested by Patrolman Harry Kreher. Kreher said he chased the car driven by Ascola for more than a mile on Broadway.

Asked by Prosecutor John H. Reiners if he knew the speed limit in Camden, Ascola replied: “Yes, 10 miles an hour.” He admitted to “doing 15”. Kreher said it was nearer 50. Ascola paid the fine.