GEORGE W. MERIWETHER was born in Duquesne, Pennsylvania on July 12, 1925, one of at least five children born to Albert and Minnie Meriwether. By April of 1930 the family had relocated to Newark, Ohio. George Meriwether was still living in Ohio when he was issued a Social Security card. He came to Camden at some point after the compilation of the 1947 Camden City Directory.
On June 27, 1960 George W. Meriwether was appointed to the Camden Fire Department. He was living at 214 North 28th Street in East Camden at the time of his appointment. Assigned to Engine Company 8 at 619 Kaighn Avenue, he reported for duty on July 1, 1960. On August 3, 1960 he was transferred to Ladder Company 3 at North 27th Street and Federal Street in East Camden, a short walk from his home at 2803 Thompson Street. He retired on pension on August 1, 1985.
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE