T.M. WEBSTER was born in Washington, D.C. in 1852 according to
the 1880 Census. He appears in the 1878-1879 Camden City
Directory as being a barber who lived and worked at the
southeast corner of Locust Street and Division Street. The
1879-1880 Directory narrows this down to 226 Division Street.
The 1880 Census shows Frank Webster and his wife Eliza at 837
Locust Street. The couple was childless at the time of the
census. The 1881-1882 City Directory shows him at 636 John
Street. John Street was renamed Locust Street within a couple of
years if the 1881-1882 Directory's publication. The 1882-1883
Directory shows him at 703 Cherry Street. The 1883-1884
Directory shows Frank Webster living at 834 Locust Street, with
a barber shop in what was then a prime location at 121 Kaighn
Avenue, near the ferry terminal. By April of 1884 he had moved
to 234 Division Street, where he was living when he was
appointed to the Camden Fire Department.
T. Webster was appointed to the
Fire Department to serve as an extra man with Engine
Company 1 in 1884, taking the place of Thomas
McKenna. Frank T. Webster served for about a year. When the
Fire Department was reorganized in the summer of 1885, 18 of the
extra men were let go and not replaced, Frank Webster being one
of that number.
the end of 1884 Frank Webster had moved again, this time to the
corner of South 4th Street and Berkley Street. The 1885 Camden City Directory shows
Frank Webster living and working as a barber at 501 South 4th
Street. Neither Frank Webster or his wife Eliza appear in Camden
City Directories or Census records after that date.
TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE