Stillwell continued to work as a shoemaker throughout the 1880s
and 1890s. The 1885 City Directory shows him at 1241 South 4th
Street. He was at 502 Liberty Street in the 1887-1888 edition,
at 118 Mount Vernon Street in the 1888-1889 edition, and at 525
Mechanic Street in the 1890 Directory. The 1892-1893 City
Directory gives his address as 152 Cox Street, and the 1893-1894
book shows him at 120 Mount Vernon Street. By the end of 1894
Frank Stillwell and family had moved to 1136 Baring Street,
where they stayed through 1899.
June 1900 Census shows Frank L. Stllwell living at 1069 South
2nd Street. He was still working as a shoemaker, most likely for
Abraham Wessell, who lived at 1063 South 2nd and who owned a
shoe factory nearby. The Stillwell family is listed as
consisting of Frank Stillwell, his wife Louisa, and their six
surviving children, Clara, Andrew, John, Emma, Mamie, and Ella.
There appears to be a conflict in that Louisa Stillwell passed
away in February of that year.
1906 Camden City Directory shows Frank Stillwell at 1063 Francis
Street. When the Census was taken in 1910 he was living at 1060
Francis Street with his daughter, Emma Arthur and her husband
Edward. Frank Stillwell does not appear in the 1914 Camden City
Directory but is listed in the 1918-1919 edition at 973 Florence
Street. He was then working in one of Camden's shipyards.
Stillwell was still residing in the same neighborhood when the
1924 Camden City Directory was compiled. He was then staying at
804 Tulip Street. When the Census was taken in April of 1933
Frank Stillwell was living with his daughter Clara Meyers and
her husband Charles at 833 Tulip Street.
L. Stillwell died in December of 1931 from sarcoma of the
blades. He was buried with his wife at New Camden Cemetery.