Eleanor
Jane
Wilmot


 

ELEANOR JANE WILMOT was born around 1868 in England. She came to America in 1874. At the age of 19, in September of 1887, she married Frank Wilmot. The Wilmots moved to 1622 Fillmore Street in Camden's Eighth Ward around 1894. Eleanor Jane Wilmot was an active member of the Church of the Sacred Heart at Broadway and Ferry Avenue, and was well known in her neighborhood. 

Her husband Frank Wilmot was born in Delaware. In 1920 Frank Wilmot worked as a watchman at a gas mantle factory. He later worked at the New York Shipbuilding Corporation shipyard. One of her sons, Frank Wilmot, worked as a motorcycle policeman in Camden in the 1930s. Her other son, Charles, worked as a clerk at the Walt Whitman Hotel, and her daughter, Miss Elizabeth Wilmot, was hotel's auditor in 1938. There was another daughter also, named Anna.

Around 1934 Mrs. Wilmot began to suffer from arthritis, and she and her husband moved shortly thereafter to Audubon NJ. Eleanor Jane Wilmot passed away on January 10, 1938. She was buried in Cavalry cemetery in what was then Delaware Township (present-day Cherry Hill) NJ.   


Camden Courier-Post - January 11, 1938

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE