Clair H.
"Red"
Graham


CLAIR HOUSER "RED" GRAHAM was born in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania on April 16, 1910 to John James Graham and his wife, the former Elizabeth Olive Hoffman. The family, which included younger siblings John, Robert and Emily was still living in Wilkes-Barre in January of 1920. y 1924 the family had moved to Camden. They were at 337 Chestnut Street in 1924. 

Clair Graham married Elsie Hyatt on December 2, 1934. On October 14, 1942 Clair Graham was appointed to the Camden Fire Department, joining younger brother John Graham, who had been appointed to the department in 1936. Clair Graham reported for duty with Ladder Company No. 2 on October 16, 1942. 

The 1940 and 1943 Camden City Directory shows Clair and Elsie Graham residing at 580 Pine Street. By 1947 they had moved across the street to 577 Pine Street, where they stayed into the 1960s. On January 12, 1950 Clair Graham was transferred to

Engine Company No. 10, where he served until his retirement. Clair Graham retired on July 1, 1969. By October of the following year he had left Camden and moved to Laurel Springs, New Jersey. Clair Graham died on November 7, 1987, survived by his wife and two children.


 



RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE

RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE