TENNIE GAGE HUTCHISON was born in Camden, New Jersey in May of 1898 to Tennie and Lillie Hutchison. Tennie G. Hutchison was the grandson of Captain John G. Hutchison, who had "sailed the seven seas" before marrying a girl from Camden and settling in the city. For over 30 years Captain Hutchison served as Superintendent of the West Jersey Ferry, a post he held with distinction prior to his passing at the age of 68 on June 29, 1896.

Captain Hutchison survived by four sons and four daughters. One son was Tennie Hutchison, who had a plumbing business in Camden for many years. The 1900 Census shows Tennie Hutchison, his wife Lillie and sons George, Harold, and young Tennie G. living at 324 Berkley Street in South Camden. By 1906 the family had moved to 414 Stevens Street where they remained through at least 1914. 

The 1918 City Directory reveals that Tenny G. Hutchison had married. He was working as a plumber and living with his wife Veronica at 623 Line Street. A son, Tennie G. Hutchison Jr., was born in July of 1918. The Hutchisons were still at 623 Line Street when the 1920 Census was enumerated. Tennie G. Hutchison was then working as a repairman at a garage.

By 1924 Tenny G. Hutchison had been appointed to the Camden Fire Department. He and his family were then living at 648 Clinton Street. His parents and brother Harold then lived at 617 Clinton Street, while brother George lived at 619 Clinton Street

The 1927 City Directory states that Tennie G, Hutchison was working as an auto mechanic and living at 925 South 9th Street. However, the 1929 City Directory shows Tennie G. Hutchison was again working as a Camden fire fighter. He was then living at 708 Spruce Street.  

Fire Department records from 1931 show that Tennie G. Hutchison Jr. was an active member of the department and was then living at 530 Trenton Avenue.

By 1940 Tennie G. Hutchison had left the Fire Department and had gone to work as a machinist at the New York Shipbuilding Corporation shipyards in South Camden. Tennie G. Hutchison was then living with his wife Veronica and sons Tennie Jr. and Kenneth at 935 Pearl Street.

Tennie G. Hutchison is not listed in the 1943 or 1947 Camden City Directories or the 1995 New Jersey Bell Telephone Camden County Directory. He was working as a truck driver when he died of acute cardiac failure brought on by arterioscelrotix heart disease on September 11, 1961 in Texas.

Tennie Gage Hutchison Jr. was living in Delaware Township (present-day Cherry Hill), New Jersey in 1955 and later moved to Atco, New Jersey.