June 8, 1900 Census shows the Andrews family staying at 572 Clinton
Street. Ulysses "Ulie" Andrews was the working as
a hatter, and was still following that trade in 1906. The family
was then still living at 549 Roberts Street. By 1910 Ulysses
Andrews had been appointed to the Camden Police Department.
1910 Census shows the Andrews family at 648 Clinton
Street. The 1912 City Directory shows the family at 584 Clinton
Street. By 1914 they had moved to 405 South
7th Street, where they stayed through the 1960s. By
September of 1918 Harry D. Andrews had gone to work at the New
York Shipbuilding Corporation shipyard, first as a tank tester
and later as a caulker. By 1924 Harry D. Andrews had married. He
was living with his wife Lorena at his parents home on South
7th Street and working as an auto mechanic when the 1924
City Directory was compiled.
1927 Harry D. Andrews was appointed to the Camden Fire
Department. The City Directory for that year shows him living at
Street. The 1929 edition shows Harry D. and Lorena Andrews
living at 401 South
7th Street, near his parents who still lived at 405 South
7th Street, By April of 1930 Harry D. and Lorena Andrews had
moved to 423 Broadway,
where they stayed into at least 1931. They moved to 145 North
34th Street in the 1930s, and then, by 1940, Harry D. and
Lorena Andrews had moved to 405 South
7th Street, where they stayed into the 1960s.
lifelong Camden resident, Harry D. Andrews passed away in
September of 1979.