Dr. George Taylor Robinson was born in Washington, D.C. in 1861 to Martha and Heber Robinson. His father managed the Western Union telegraph office in Camden. The Robinson family came to Camden in he early 1870s. George T. Robinson was the oldest of four children. He was followed by sisters May and Hebe, and younger brother Frank Neall Robinson, who was born in Camden in 1874. The family was living at 518 Linden Street when the Census was taken n 1880.
George T. Robinson attended schools in Camden, and then studied medicine at the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, graduating in 1882. A general practitioner, he was a staff member of Cooper Hospital, where he served as that institution's pathologist. He also held a commission in the medical detachment of the Sixth Infantry Regiment, New Jersey National Guard, which was based in Camden. Levi Hirst, who was studying to become an M.D., served under Dr. Robinson as a hospital steward with the Sixth Regiment prior to receiving his doctorate in 1894. Dr. Robinson was a member of the Camden City and Camden County Medical Societies, and the American Medical Association.
Dr. Robinson was still residing at 518 Linden Street in North Camden when he died on June 28, 1895, at the age of 34. He was survived by his parents, a sister and his younger brother Frank Robinson, who graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine that same year. Dr, Frank Robinson later moved to California.
June 29, 1895
Click on Image
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE