CHARLES P. STEPHENSON was a Naval veteran of the Civil War, best remembered for his work as the janitor of the Free Public Library at Broadway and Clinton Streets in the 1920s and early 1930s.
The 1900 Census shows Charles P. Stephenson at 1504 Federal Street, where he lived with his wife Sarah and children Mary, David, Sarah, Charles, Alfred, William, and Cora. 1906 City Directory shows Charles P. at 819 Market Street. Charles P. Stephenson lived with his wife Sarah at 706 Federal Street and son Charles P. Jr. when the 1914 City Directory was compiled. By 1924 he had moved ot 908 South 6th Street, where he resided until his death in October of 1933.
Charles P. Stevenson
Camden Free Public Library aka The Carnegie Library
Broadway & Line Street
The postmark on the card is April 28,1906
RETURN TO CAMDEN'S INTERESTING PEOPLE PAGE
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE