CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
621 Kaighn Avenue
Camden is well known for its ethnic communities. The large Polish, Italian, Irish, German, and Jewish communities played a great role in Camden's history in the 19th and first part of the 20th century, while Black and Puerto Rican communities have given the city much of its recent flavor. There are other, lesser known ethnic groups that have made up the fabric of the city's life over the years. Greeks, Armenians, and Ukrainians grouped together in the city in Camden's growth years. More recently, Vietnamese, Jamaicans, Dominicans, Haitians, and Koreans have come to the city to live and seek the American dream.
The earliest Jewish settlers came to Camden in the late 19th century and were primarily small merchants in the business district. Following the typical pattern of establishing a synagogue as the first expression of the needs of a Jewish community, Congregation Sons of Israel was founded in 1894.
With religious needs satisfied, social groups were organized as a young generation matured. Among the earliest was the Y.M.H.A., organized about 1907, followed a few years later by the Y.W.H.A. A merchants' league with a social purpose wp'ose membership included the adults was also organized. About 1912 the Y.M.H.A., Y.W.H.A., Vindex Club and the "KOT" (Keep On Trying) Social League merged into the Y.M. and Y.W.H.A. and became part of the State Y.M.H.A. movement.
Several row houses on Walnut Street near 6th were purchased to serve as a social center. An addition to the buildings was later constructed to provide a dance hall and a gym. Sunday school classes were subsequently organized at the "Y" and in the 1920's the group rented facilities in the neighborhood to conduct High Holy Day services.
Along with the synagogue, religious education for the children was the greatest concern of the community. The Jewish community of Camden, consisting primarily of recent arrivals from Eastern Europe, was largely Orthodox in its orientation. Synagogues were basically houses of worship and children were taught by devout and pious men at home on a private basis or at the Talmud Torah, the community school founded in the last decade of the 19th century. Two houses on Baring Street. became the school. It was supported by small weekly tuition payments by those able to pay and by the efforts of the Talmud Torah Association which raised funds for the school. A growing community outgrew these makeshift school facilities and in 1924 a new building at 621 Kaighn Avenue was erected. This served not only as a school but also had an auditorium for meetings and some rooms in the basement to house Jewish transients in keeping with Jewish tradition. The building later also housed the Camden Jewish Center and the offices of the Jewish Federation of South Jersey.
The Talmud Torah School was established to ensure that the American-born children of Jewish immigrant parents would receive a good religious education. Many gifted teachers worked there over the years including Ezekiel Jacob Levin, who taught there in 1926 and 1927. He would return to South Jersey in 1960 to become the director of the Bureau of Jewish Education of Camden, New Jersey, a position he held until his retirement in 1971.
With the growth of the Parkside residential area to which many Jewish families moved from the downtown business area at the end of World War I, a new congregation, Beth El was established in Parkside in 1920, Conservative in orientation, which soon became the largest congregation in the community.
With the population growth of the community, its separation into different residential areas, differences in religious orientation. the development of a new Conservative congregation, which attracted to its membership some who until then utilized the "Y" for school and services, the "Y" was no longer the focal point for all young people. These factors along with the severe economic depression of the 1930's resulted in the Y.M. and Y.W.H.A. losing its building and passing out of existence about 1932.
Paralleling these developments, the Jewish community in 1922 organized what was then known as the Federation of Jewish Charities to raise funds to support the Talmud Torah and its building, a Ladies' Aid Society, and at a later date even provided for an "orphanage" which was housed in a private home. Very few children were actually placed in the home.
The first organized Jewish community residing in what is now known as the suburbs of Camden led to the organization in 1928 of a synagogue in Merchantville and
shortly thereafter there was formed the Suburban Hebrew Association, the forerunner of Congregation Beth Sholom in
Haddon Heights. Recognizing that there was interdependence among these communities, the Suburban Hebrew Association sought in the 1930's assistance from the Federation to finance and maintain its small
Hebrew school in order to achieve stability in its operation. A basic task of the Federation actually became financing Jewish education.
The Jewish community at that time conducted two fundraising drives each year; one for local needs and the other in behalf of overseas Jewish needs. This was in
addition to the appeal of the Parks ide Ladies' Aid Society. The leadership of these various efforts recognized the desirability of merging these fund raising drives and
this led in 1937 to a re-organization of the Federation of Jewish Charities into one agency for assisting the needy by a consolidation of both ladies' aid societies which
was to receive its funds from the Federation. The central campaign would also support all Hebrew schools in order to strengthen their programs and provide financial
This unity of the local causes led to greater cooperation among all for all causes which affect the welfare of the Jewish community. As the Jewish population grew to almost 6000 by 1940. the leadership decided to make another bold step forward recognizing that there were many unmet needs which the community should strive to achieve. An Executive Director was appointed for the Jewish Federation. The Talmud Torah housed the Federation and all its activities. A youth program, the forerunner of a Community Center, was soon organized to fill the void left with the demise of the Y.M. and Y.W.H.A. The separate fund raising efforts which received under $40,000 for local and overseas needs were merged into one effort Allied Jewish Appeal.
The Federation leadership also participated with their neighbors in organizing the Community Chest in 1943 and the Federation became a charter member. A number of other needs common to the total Jewish community emerged. The great interest of the community in Jewish education led to the creation of the Bureau of Jewish Education under the Federation aegis, a cooperative effort among all the schools to improve and raise standards of education and to adopt uniform standards.
Recognizing that "621 Kaighns Avenue," the Talmud Torah, was ill-equipped to be a community center because of its location and inadequate facilities, a movement started to build a community center. World War II with its restrictions in building and the unprecedented needs of the Jewish people overseas resulting from the Hitler era however prevented the community from exerting its total energies to raise funds for the Center. The Allied Jewish Appeal which raised $110,000 in 1945, rose to $286,000 in 1946, $317,000 the following year and reached the high mark of $367,000 in 1948, the year Israel was created. There were several unsuccessful fund raising attempts for the Center. Limited in scope, frustrating to many, these attempts did reflect the growing conviction that a Center was essential, which kept alive and in the forefront of a large portion of the community the need for one. B'rith Sholom, one of the largest fraternal and social groups in the community, had as one of its main purposes in organizing in Camden in 1941, to "serve as a friendly pressure group for a Center."
With the rapid shift of the Jewish population from 6th and Kaighns, the Federation moved its offices into central Camden and the Talmud Torah and Sons of Israel relocated in the Parkside area. The former Talmud Torah building, for lack of any other facilities, housed a makeshift Center program. Because the building was obsolete, and unsuited for a Center, it was allowed to deteriorate and attracted fewer and fewer people. To maintain a Center program public school facilities, where available, were utilized for athletic programs in addition to some clubs in private houses under the auspices of the Center Committee of the Jewish Federation. Beginning in 1949 several major community fund raising efforts led to the completion in 1956 of the Jewish Community Center. For Camden this marked a monumental achievement in constructing a building valued at $750,000.
In 1966 the building became a Masonic Center under the aegis of the Masonic Association of Camden, N.J.
The building seems to have fell out of use by the Masons in recent years, but was for the most part well kept up, until the fall of 2003, when a broken window went un-repaired. In the spring of 2005 the building began being utilized as a church.
February 10, 1928
February 21, 1928
Black Cat Orchestra
Camden Courier-Post * October 29, 1931
BAIRD TO ADDRESS HEBREW LEAGUE
David Baird, Jr., Republican nominee for governor, will make his final appearance in the current election campaign Monday night, in his "own home town," when he will address a monster rally at the Hebrew Republican League, at the Talmud Torah, 621 Kaighn avenue.
The Hebrew league reorganized formally at a luncheon in the Hotel Walt Whitman. Lewis Liberman, assistant city solicitor, was elected president; Sig Schoenagle, Samuel Shaner, Israel Weitzman, vice-presidents; L. Scott Cherchesky, secretary, and Samuel Label, treasurer.
Trustees of the league include Hyman Bloom, Mitchell E. Cohen, Benjamin Friedman, Jacob L. Furer, Isadore H. Hermann, Carl Kisselman, Edward Markowitz, Louis L. Markowitz, Harry Obus, Maurice L. Praissman, Samuel Richelson, Meyer L. Sakin, Julius Rosenberg, Jacob Rosenkrantz and Jack Weinberg.
In addition to former Senator Baird, speakers at the Jewish rally will include Mrs. Elizabeth C. Verga, Republican state committeewoman and vice chairman of the county committee; Congressman Charles A. Wolverton, Congressman Benjamin Golder, of Pennsylvania, and State Senator Samuel Salus, of Pennsylvania.
Camden Courier-Post * June 2, 1932
N.Z. Riff - Talmud
Torah - S.S.
Samuel Shane - Kaighn Avenue
Camden Courier-Post * June 2, 1932
Independent Social Club
Mrs. L. Lieberson - Kaighn Avenue
|Camden Courier-Post - June 4, 1933|
to Aid Women's Home,
Talmud Torah and Free Loan
A campaign to raise funds for the
Federation of Jewish' Charities of Camden was launched yesterday under the
chairmanship of E. George Aaron. The drive will continue a week.
Funds raised will be contributed to
the support of the Hebrew Ladies' Sheltering Home, the Talmud
Torah, and the Free Loan Fund.
The campaign, Aaron' announced, will
be aided by the Jewish charitable organizations of Camden and the
following have been named team captains:
N, Riff, Samuel Shane, L. Tarter, S. Lippman, A.
Barbell, J. Grossberg, H. Odlen, Leon Rose, Lewis
Liberman, Mrs. S. Litow, Mrs. M. Shapiro, Mrs. H. Kaplan, Mrs. S.
Shane, Mrs. R. Bukstel. Mrs. F. Bloom, Mrs. V. Gerber and Mrs. S. S.
There will be a meeting in the Talmud Torah tonight, when Rabbi B. L. Levinthal, of Philadelphia, will speak in support of the campaign.
|Camden Courier-Post - June 6, 1933|
TO WED MISS
and Mrs. Louis Barish, of 310 North Tenth Street, have announced the
engagement of their daughter, Miss Miriam Barish, to Richard Kember, son
of Mr. and Mrs. Jacob Kember, of 1293 Magnolia Avenue. The announcement
was made at 8 p.m. Sunday, at the Talmud
621 Kaighn Avenue.
|Camden Courier-Post - June 7, 1933|
CHARITIES RAISE $1500
Camden Federation to Continue Campaign All This Week
More than $1500 in pledges and in cash have been received in the campaign of the Camden Federation of Jewish Charities, it was announced last night by E. George Aaron, chairman of the campaign committee. The drive will continue through this week.
workers seeking funds for the Hebrew Ladies' Charities, Sheltering Home,
Camden Talmud Torah
and Free Loan Fund follow: Rabbi
Mr. and Mrs. S. Shane, Mrs. R. Bukstel, Mrs. S. Litow, Mrs. M. Shapiro,
Mrs. H. Kaplan, Mrs. L. Creskoff, Mrs. B. Ostroff, Mrs. S. Goldstein Mrs.
A. Goodman, Mrs. S. Masel, Mrs. M. Koll, Mrs. F. Bloom, Mrs. M. Cornrich,
Mrs. V. Gerber, Mrs. L. Weiss and Mrs. S. Soloff, Leon H. Rose, Lewis
S. S. Lewis, J. Grossberg, B. Greenberg, S. Lippman, J. Ruttenberg, S.
Stein. H. Odlen, J. Block, O. Praissman, S. Naden, D. Lefkowitz, and David
|Camden Courier-Post - June 12, 1933|
|$3000 IS PLEDGED IN JEWISH CAMPAIGN
Charities Federation Extends for One Week Drive to Raise $5000
Pledges of more than $3000 in a campaign for $5000 by the Camden Federation of Jewish Charities were announced by E. George Aaron, general chairman.
The campaign, in which leaders in Jewish circles and Women's Auxiliaries are participating, will be extended to include this week to enable workers to cover thoroughly their respective areas.
The drive, according to Aaron, has met with hearty cooperation from all groups, and he expressed his appreciation of the efforts of the workers.
"The drive," he said. "which opened June 4 will meet with complete success if the receipt of pledges to date may be used as a measure. The scope of the work leads us to extend the period of the campaign for an additional week, closing June 18."
Included among the groups for whom funds are being sought are the Hebrew Ladies' Charities, Sheltering Home, Camden Talmud Torah and Free Loan Fund.
|Camden Courier-Post - June 15, 1933|
|CAMDEN JEWS PICK CAPTAINS FOR DRIVE
Committee to Raise $10,000 for Aid, Told of Hardships in Germany
At an executive meeting of the United Committee for Relief of German Jews, held at Beth El Synagogue last night, the captains who will be in charge of teams for the purpose of raising $10,000 for relief of German Jews, were announced by Leon H. Rose, general chairman. In urging the appointees to intensive efforts, Rose said:
"Six hundred thousand Jews are in distress. They are ousted from office, discharged from employment, denied civil and economic rights, persecuted and systematically forced to starve to death.
"There is raging in Germany one of the coldest and cruelest pogroms against the Jews ever known to history.
"We must help. We must rescue those helpless ones. Our weapon for immediate retaliation is money, and we must supply those arms. By the widest stretch of the imagination, it is inconceivable how any Jew in this community can exclude himself from this cause.
"Thousands of German Jews, especially among the young, see a prospect of restarting their lives in Palestine to which some of them already have made their way. Determined, concerted Jewish effort can make it capable of providing a permanent home for a considerable part of German Jewry to whom the rest of the world, with few exceptions, is closed.
"Immediate funds are needed. I appeal to you as self-respecting Jews who understand the suffering of your own race to come to the aid of your stricken brothers and sisters. Give them all you can."
Those named and the organizations they represent are:
Jacob Leventon, Congregation Beth
El; David Lefkowitz, congregation Sons of Israel; Morris Josselson, Congregation Beth
Israel; Benjamin Friedman, B'nai Brith; Mrs.
I.S. Siris, Hadassah; Philip Miller, Hebrew Parent Teachers Association; Herman Odlen, Federation of Jewish Charities; Mrs. Rose
Goldstein, Independent Social; Harry W. Markowich, Zionist Organization; Norman Heine, Junior
Mrs. William Laub, Council of Jewish Women; A. David Epstein, Sigma Alpha Rho; Mrs. Aaron Heine, Beth El Sisterhood; Samuel Shane, Talmud Torah; M. Snyder, Workmen's Circle; M. Bard, F. of S. U.; Louis Tarter, Independent Progress Lodge; Mrs. Zelda Lutz, Jacob J. Hernfeld Link; Dr. I.S. Siris, Jewish Welfare Society; Mrs. M. Shapiro, Hebrew Ladies Charities.
Mizrachi; Mrs. Samuel Litow, Welfare Social Club; D. Breslow, Gordonia.; Dr. Reuben
Cutler, Mizpah Lodge No. 245; F. & A. M.; Meyer Adelman, Camden Level Club; Mrs. Etta Rosen,
B'nai Brith Auxiliary; Mrs. L. Weiss, Ladies Auxlliary of Progress Lodge; Miriam Morris, Junior
Moses Bord was appointed captain of the workers. A mass meeting will be held June 20, at the Talmud Torah building, Seventh Street and Kaighn Avenue, and will be addressed by members of national, state and municipal governments, as well as outstanding Jewish leaders from New York and Philadelphia.
|Camden Courier-Post - June 15, 1933|
Michael Shapiro Heads Hebrew Charities
In addition to Mrs. Shapiro the following members of the executive board were installed: Mrs. Rose Bellitz, first vice president; Mrs. Sarah Seidman, second vice president; Mrs. A. Bitman, treasurer; Mrs. Rose Worthrich, financial secretary; Mrs. Louis Creskoff, correspondlng secretary; Mrs. Benjamin Ostroff, recording secretary.
The following committees have been named: Mrs. Hyman Kaplan, chairman of the investigations committee; Mrs. W. Waldman, chairman of the meal tickets committee; Mrs. Kaplan and Mrs. Samuel Litow, co-chairmen in charge of food orders.
Rabbi N. Riff, of the Congregation Sons of Israel, addressed the group at the installation and urged harmony and co-operation in the organization as a means to the greatest accomplishment in its work..
|Camden Courier-Post - June 20, 1933|
|RALLY TONIGHT AIDS JEWS IN GERMANY
Camden Residents Push Drive for Fund to Help Victims of Hitler
A campaign has been launched to raise $10,000 for relief work. Contributions should be sent to the United Committee for Relief of German Jews, 908 Broadway-Stevens Building.
The speakers will include Abe Goldberg, New York; Judge William M. Lewis, Philadelphia; Mayor Roy R. Stewart and rabbis and clergymen of all creeds. Leon H. Rose will preside.
The committee reports 600,000 men, women and children have suffered as a result of Nazi atrocities in Germany.
"Hundreds have been deprived of their rights of citizenship and livelihood," continued the announcement.
"Loyalty, patriotism, service, have counted for naught; doctors, lawyers, civil servants, university professors and other teachers, scientists, musicians, industrial workers, have been driven from their positions and have been denied the right to work at their vocations. Even the right to an education is now being denied many of Jewish children.
"These German Jewish men and women recognized no political loyalty save an undivided loyalty to their country. They wanted nothing, demanded nothing, but the right to live in security and peace, and to develop their own destinies as self respecting men and women, and to labor for the upbuliding of their country.""
|Camden Courier-Post - June 21, 1933|
|JEWS OPEN DRIVE HERE FOR $10,000 TO AID
$391 Contributed First Night; Boycott Aimed at 'Everything German'
CITY TO BE CANVASSED
A total of $391.50 was contributed at the meeting to start the campaign and the committee members announced.
Abe Goldberg, of New York, internationally known Yiddish orator, and Judge William M. Lewis, of Philadephia, addressed the gathering, pleading for financial assistance for Jewish refugees driven from Germany by the Hitler persecution.
"In Germany we are not even considered a people,"
Goldberg said. "We have given Germany its greatest scientific and medical achievements and this is the
Judge Lewis declared there was no parallel in the history of Israel for the Hitler persecution, and urged that Jews "use their only weapon that of boycott of all German things, industrially and professionally."
Leon H. Rose, Camden attorney, presided. He said every section of the city would be canvassed during the campaign.
Contributions thus far are as follows:
|Camden Courier-Post - June 24, 1933|
RAISE CHARITY FUNDS
George Aaron, chairman of the campaign, announced that more than $5000 was
pledged. Talks were made by
Herman Odlen, Samuel Shane, Samuel Lippman,
Barbell, Mrs. S. Litow, Mrs. M. Shapiro and Mrs. C. Riff.
Rabbi N. Riff presented a walking stick to Aaron for his work as head of the drive.
|Camden Courier-Post - June 25, 1933|
|JEWS OPEN DRIVE HERE FOR $10,000 TO AID
$391 Contributed First Night; Boycott Aimed at 'Everything German'
CITY TO BE CANVASSED
An appeal to Camden's Jewish populace to attend an emergency meeting of the United Committee for Relief of German Jews to be held tonight at the Talmud Torah, Kaighn Avenue, near Seventh Street, was issued last night by Leon H. Rose, chairman.
The committee is seeking $10,000 as Camden's quota for the care of Jewish refugees driven from Germany by the Hitler persecution.
"The plight of Germany's Jewish population and the hardships upon women and children have not ceased," Rose said. We Jews in Camden have a part to play. Our aid must not be limited to a protest, but we help to bring actual relief to the 600,000 stricken Jews in Germany. We must give them some little help toward reconstructing their lives somewhere, or somehow. We must find a way to help them become self-supporting, a way whereby Jewish children will receive some education, some training of hand and mind to prepare themselves for the pioneer life which seems to be their only hope."
Contributions are as follows
|Camden Courier-Post - June 28, 1933|
WILL PUSH AID FOR HITLER VICTIMS
All Organizations Join in Plan to Raise $10,000 Relief Fund
Representatives of every Jewish organization in Camden were in attendance last night at an emergency meeting of the United Committee for relief of German Jews, held in Talmud Torah Hall, Kaighn Avenue near Seventh Street, when plans to complete a drive for $10,000 by July 3 were adopted.
Leon H. Rose, Camden attorney and chairman of the committee, appointed a special committee to push the drive for funds to aid the 600,000 German Jews, victims of Hitler persecution.
Addresses were made at the meeting by Rabbi N. S. Arnoff, of Beth El Synagogue and Rabbi N. Riff, of Sons of Israel Synagogue. The committee includes Mark Marritz, Samuel Shane, Bella Ostroff, Joseph Shapiro, Mrs. Esther Rosen, Mary Mann, Benjamin Friedman, Herman Odlen, Harry W. Markowitz, Mrs. William Laud, A. David Epstein, M. Snyder, Louis Tartar, Dr. I. S. Siris, J. Richterman, Mrs, David Esterman, Harry Steinberg, Sylvia Sandgrund and Mrs. Hattie Michel.
An additional $300 was collected at the meeting and turned over to Lewis Liberman, assistant city solicitor, who is treasurer of the committee.
|Camden Courier-Post - February 8, 1936|
Named For Charity Carnival
Committees have been announced for the Five and Ten Cent Carnival and Dance which members of the Junior Welfare Social Club will hold in the Talmud Torah building, 621-23 Kaighn Avenue, on Sunday, February 16.
Julia Shapiro is chairman of the general committee and sub-chairmen are
Miss Isabella B. Ostroff, games; Miss Rose Greenstein, orchestra and
dance; Miss Gertrude Zimmerman and Miss Greenstein, publcity; Miss Mildred
Redlus, tickets; Mrs. Albert Morwitz, refreshments; Miss Florence Cooper,
Prize awards will be made for all groups. Proceeds will be used for the club's various charity projects.
Camden Courier-Post - February 24, 1936
FEDERATION HOST TO 400 AT BALL
The thirteenth annual ball of the Federation of Jewish Charities attracted more than 400 guests last night
to Moose Hall.
Four organizations of Jewish community workers' have united in an
extensive program of the federation engaged in civic and welfare
programs. They are the Hebrew Welfare Society, the Hebrew Ladies
Society, the Talmud Torah and the
A program of entertainment and dancing featured last night's event.
Among entertainers were Marci Dutkin, 10-year-old Camden "Dancing
Doll", Frank Arena, of "Gold Diggers of 1935", and Eddie
stage star. Music was provided by Sam
Yellin's Black Cat Serenaders. The floor show was under direction of
Samuel Shane was chairman of the ball committee with the following
co-chairman: Mrs. Martin Koll, Morris Rapkin, Lewis Weinstein, Samuel
Zaslow and Alex Malamut.
Among the women Federation assisting at the affair were Mrs. H. Kaplan, Mrs. Samuel Shane, Mrs. V. Gerber, and Mrs. F. Bloom.
|Camden Courier-Post - October 2, 1936|
of Wisdom in Hebrew Greet Pupils at Talmud Torah
Children Acquire Lore of Race While Learning Letters Backward;
New Classes in Jewish Culture Planned for Adults
Little boys, teachers and school officials alike wear their hats to the Talmud Torah, the Hebrew school, in the 600 block of Kaighn Avenue, where the ancient Hebrew language is taught along with the modern Yiddish and all Jewish culture from the prophets to the present. Top photo shows Morris Ozer, 1103 Morton Street, reading, while Instructor Solomon Brody listens, and Leon H. Rose (right), president of the Hebrew Board of Education, also listens for correct inflection. The Hebrew alphabet hangs on the wall and a section of the 1B class is visible. Bottom photo shows four pupils holding the letters of the alphabet that spell "ezra" which means help. They are preparing for the annual drive of the Federation of Jewish Charities, which has the slogan "Help the Helpless." From left to right: Solomon Cohen, 576 Chestnut Street; William Schwartz, 2007 Woodlynne Avenue; Eleanor Miller, 1270 Morton Street; and Rita Barag, 1131 Locust Street. While not a charity institution, the Talmud Torah is one of the institutions supported by the $15,000 drive.
|Camden Courier-Post - February 5, 1938|
MAYOR AND MRS. KOBUS OPEN BAZAAR TOMORROW
Mayor Brunner and Commissioner Kobus will open the bazaar to be held by the ladies auxiliary of Sons of Israel Synagogue tomorrow, Monday and Tuesday.
The bazaar will be staged at the Talmud Torah, with a supper starting the festivities at 6 p. m. tomorrow.
|Camden Courier-Post - February 17, 1938|
COMMITTEES NAMED BY LODGE AUXILIARY
They are: Trustees—Mrs. Abraham Rosenkranz, Mrs. Isadore Janofs and Mrs. Nathan Soloff. Refreshments — Mrs. Isadore Ross, Mrs. Nathan Seloff, Mrs. S. Pechter and Mrs. I. Bornstein, Mrs. Herman Weintraub, Mrs. Emil Wise and Mrs. Joseph Miller. Telephone—Mrs. Herman Zelmich, Mrs. Julius Kunove, Mrs. Bernstein and Mrs. Samuel Miller. Program—Mrs. Charles Miller, Mrs. Joseph Cooper. Visiting — Mrs. Louis Waisban, Mrs. Rosenkranz, Mrs. M. Wachstein, Mrs. Jacob Hyman, Mrs. Isadore Polnick, Mrs. Weintraub, Mrs. Wise, Mrs. Esther Donien, Mrs. Isaac Janov. Publicity—Mrs. Joseph Cooper.
Waisban, retiring president, and Mrs. Harry Coplein, secretary,
of Jewish War Veterans Post 126
Drum & Bugle Corps
Photographed in front of Talmud Torah building
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE