CAMDEN, NEW JERSEY
109 North 6th Street
Charles F. Sattler had a liquor license for 109 North 6th Street as early as 1938. Shortly after he renewed his license in June of 1939, the bar appears to have changed hands. The 1940 Camden City Directory shows the bar as being called The Tavern, and that the proprietors were Taggart and Davis. In 1967 it was Richard and John Hanson named as owners on the liquor license renewal application.
The bar remained open as The Tavern for over 60 years, during which time it acquired a following from students at the nearby Rutgers University campus on Penn Street. The bar changed hands, and after extensive remodeling reopened in 2003 as the 6th Street Lounge.
RETURN TO DVRBS.COM HOME PAGE